Good Morning! Let's start with a counting game.
- Ask your child to count to 20 slowly and clearly.
- Stop them by clapping your hands.
- They must then whisper to you the number that they were going to say next. Are they correct?
- Repeat this several times, clapping to stop them at different points in the counting sequence.
Have a look at the number line above.
- As your grown up says a number between 1 and 20, can you point to the correct number?
- As your grown up points to numbers on the number line, can you tell them what number it is?
Today you will need a set of number cards from 1 to 20 to play a number line game. The instructions are below. Have fun, I wonder who will win?!
* Please note that the winner will be the person to place the last card down to complete the number line, which will be number 1 or 20. Not 1 or 12 as the instructions say, as we are playing the game with numbers to 20.