I can talk about stories.
I can make predictions about a story.
Follow the link below for today's work.
2. Practice - Complete the three activities.
I understand when to use questions marks.
We have used questions marks in our writing before. Today you are going to practice using question marks some more.
1. Follow the link below and watch the short video about question marks.
2. Practice - complete activity 1.
Write questions for Joe, Beth, Franny and Rick about The Magic Faraway Tree.
Use question words to start your questions:
Don't forget your question marks!
I can use describing words (adjectives).
Do you remember learning about question marks yesterday?
Did you write questions for Joe, Beth, Franny and Rick about The Magic Faraway tree?
1. Follow the link below and go to Learn. Watch the short video about describing words.
2. Watch it again and write down all the describing words you can hear in the video.
Write a list of describing words.
I can identify describing words (adjectives).
I can use describing words in my writing.
Do you remember learning about adjectives yesterday?
1. Follow the link below and go to Activity 2.
2. Watch the video about The Magic Faraway Tree. Complete Activity 2.
Write some sentences about each of the lands from the video.
The Land of Toys is filled with colourful and noisy toys. It has hundreds of new toys for children to play with.
The Land of Topsy-Turvy is...
The Land of Goodies is...
Remember to use adjectives!
I can write describing words (adjectives).
Yesterday we watched The Magic Faraway Tree video and wrote sentences about the lands at the top of the tree.
Today you are going to create your own land!
1. Follow the link below and go to Activity 3.
Imagine you could create your own land at the top of The Magic Faraway Tree.
- Choose a name for your land and write three sentences to describe what your land looks like.
- My land is called _____________________.
- What does it look like?
- What can you see?
- What sounds can you hear?
Now think about how you could travel to the land. Will you fly? climb? or maybe there will be multiple ways to travel there.
If you were to fly there, what would you fly on - a magic broom, a bird, a rocket? Would there be other ways to get there? What would the journey be like?
I travelled on a _________ to the land. The journey was _________________ because ________________. On the way I saw ________________.